Attorney Deborah Dyson combines her passion for community service with 26 years of experience in corporate and tax law to provide full-service legal counsel to charter schools and nonprofit organizations.
Ms. Dyson began her legal career at a multinational law firm in Washington D.C. and Los Angeles representing large corporate clients. Since 2003 she has devoted her law practice to serving nonprofit organizations and charter schools.
Ms. Dyson also conducts seminars and training programs for both board members and staff. Her clientele includes a variety of nonprofit organizations, charter schools, private schools, watershed councils, museums and other cultural organizations, government sponsored nonprofits, and many social service
- Juris Doctorate (JD), cum laude, from Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, DC,
1989 Law Review: The Tax Lawyer
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Psychology, magna cum laude from Messiah College, Grantham, PA, 1981
- Certificate in Paralegal/Employee Benefits from the Institute of Paralegal Training, Philadelphia, PA, 1984
- Attorney and Law Clerk, Morgan Lewis & Bockius, Los Angeles, CA and Washington, DC: Managing tax and employee benefits for large corporate clients.
- Paralegal, Lee, Toomey & Kent, Washington DC
- Research Assistant, Educational Testing Service, Princeton NJ, Project: Integrating Special Education Students into the Classroom.
- Residential Counselor for developmentally disabled children, Philadelphia, PA.
- Member of the Oregon State Bar Association
- Appointed Justice of the Peace, Pro-Tem, Tillamook
County Justice Court (2008-present)
- Ten years of service to CASA (Court
Appointed Special Advocates for Children)
- Local Professional Responsibility Committee, Oregon
- Member of the California State Bar Association
Deb Dyson works from her office on the north Oregon coast. When she is not assisting clients, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, walking on the beach, yoga, swimming with her Newfie in Netarts Bay, and also hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing, clamming and hunting the delectable
Chanterelle in the coastal rainforests.